Solar is an ever-evolving industry with both solar innovations continuously improving and solar regulations that are constantly changing.
We’ve gathered these solar resources because they collectively provide consumers with a great tool to answer questions on photovoltaics, solar storage, solar incentives and other solar related equipment.
We’ve also answered many solar and battery backup storage questions on our blog and in our FAQ’s. If we missed anything or you have any further questions, please reach out to us!
- SunPower– Our supplier of the world’s best photovoltaic panels (as ranked by the Guinness Book of World Records).
- SolarEdge Inverters SolarEdge inverters have per panel optimizers to adjust for any shading issues.
- SMA America – Learn about battery-based inverters.Built Green Santa Barbara – Detailed information, materials, and a checklist rating system.
- Go Solar California – Solar information for the State of California.
- Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency – State, local, utility, and federal incentives that promote renewable energy and efficiency.
- California Solar Storage Association – A great solar resource for Solar Energy and Storage information. They recently published a guide on backup power options (batteries vs. generators) listing pros and cons as well as prices. Please be aware that prices vary greatly in the battery sector due to chemistry type (lead acid vs. lithium iron phosphate), system size and manufacturer. Also note that these price estimates do not include installation or permitting costs.
- California Solar Initiative (CSI) Incentives – a list of FAQ’s about available incentives for both market price homes and low income housing.
- Solarbuzz – Weekly solar newsletter.
- US Green Building Council – Certification information.
- John Perlin – Author of the best and only book about the history of solar energy.
- Rocky Mountain Institute – Emory Lovins – Reinventing Fire How we can get off of oil and coal dependency by 2050 (and natural gas later) while continuing to grow the economy.